1. We believe there is only one God, infinite in power, wisdom, justice, righteousness and love. He is bigger and better than I can imagine. Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3, 14
2. We believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. He is God in the flesh, he lived a sinless life and died to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus is God showing Himself to us. John 1:1-3, Philippians 2:1-11
3. We believe the Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal Jesus, to convict us of our need of a Savior and to give eternal life to those who put their faith in Christ. He is God living in us, empowering us to serve Him. John 14:16-17, 26, 16:5-11, Romans 8:14-16, 26-27
4. We believe that the Bible, containing the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s inerrant, inspired guidebook for life. II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:19-21
5. We believe God created the world, the earth, and mankind. Nothing “just happened”. Genesis 1-3
6. We believe mankind is sinful, inheriting a sinful nature from birth. Men and women are freed from the penalty of their sins not by works or religion, but only through the grace of God and faith in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God. Acts 16:31, Romans 3:24-26, Ephesians 2: 1-10
7. We believe Christianity is not a religion of fear. People born into the family of God are forever kept by God’s power. John 1:12-13, 6:29, 10:27-29, Romans 8:28-39
8. We believe God’s will is for us to grow in Christlikeness as humble servants who pursue personal holiness, prayer, worship, fellowship, evangelism, the Scriptures, and service. We believe the church is the place to pursue these things. It is the only true world “super power”. I Corinthians 5:9-13, 6:18-20, Romans 12:1-2, I Peter 1:13-16
9. We believe death is not the end but the beginning. The Scriptures teach that heaven and hell are real places. Those who receive Christ will spend eternity in God’s presence and those who refuse God’s offer of mercy and grace will spend eternity in Hell.
10. We believe Jesus is coming again before the Great Tribulation to gather His children and judge the World.
I Corinthians 15:42-54, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 20:1-6
* A more detailed explanation of our church’s beliefs can be obtained by emailing a request to First Central.